- I took the week off. I needed a longer break. I tried a bunch of things over the week:
- I tried learning to dance the chorus of Boombayah. The moves looked easy at first but it’s harder because the tempo is so fast. I had trouble keeping up with the dance since I have very low stamina compared to these women. I ended up playing Just Dance after.
- I put on some make up for the first time in forever. It feels so familiar and therapeutic.
- I played so much Breath of the Wild. I’m feeling more confident about the game and now enjoying it tons more than last week. I’ve defeated two divine beasts now. I’m currently on the camel divine beast which I read was the hardest. I’ve decided to hold off fighting that monster for now and continue doing side quests and exploring.
- Jae and I tried playing Overcooked 2, and it was fun. Neither of us thought we’d enjoy it that much so it was a pleasant surprise.
- We had a movie night to watch Godzilla vs. Kong. I love watching large creatures fight.
I’ve been sleeping very late this past week, averaging on <6 hours of sleep. I guess to some it’s plenty but it’s a small amount for me.
Sesame is still a little sick and has diarrhea. Some of his poop got on my fingers while I was cleaning it once. I’m mentioning it because I felt utterly grossed out at this fate I’ve chosen myself. He also seems to be acting out a lot recently. He barks with a deep voice at strangers, which is new. We read that he may be entering his second fear period that usually happens around 6 months. I’m a little worried about it but getting through the fear period is just something we’ll have to work on with him. He continues to be a handsome little handful day to day.
I started listening to more K-pop music. Ever since ROSÉ and Jennie Kim (from the girl group called Blackpink) debuted their solo music, they’ve been on the Top 40 list globally. Both of them speak both Korean and English fluently, which makes me feel very proud even though I’m not Korean! They are very talented and hardworking women who are able to sing, dance, and do both at the same time (which is really hard). I think I’ll take all the Asian related wins I can get right now.
The blog post I wrote for the Shopify Engineering blog was featured on Ruby Weekly and made the top page on Hacker News! My Twitter thread “blew up” (read: got more than a hundred likes, which is a big deal to me). A bunch of smart people also complimented me. So… that ought to fuel my motivation for the next programming thing I’ll do, whatever that may be.
I’ve been receiving several emails from recruiters reaching out about a role at their company. The funniest thing is that the emails are sent over the weekend and holiday. I don’t think it bodes well for their company if their employees are working over the weekend.
- I just remembered that I procrastinated on doing my taxes.